Updated: Aug 14
- Stand with your head facing forward and your chest held up and out.
- Place your feet shoulder width apart or slightly wider.
- Extend your hands straight out in front of you to help keep your balance. (Optional)
- Sit back and down like you're sitting into an imaginary chair. Keep your head facing forward as your upper body bends forward a bit. Rather than allowing your back to round, let your lower back arch slightly as you descend.
- Lower down so your thighs are as parallel to the floor as possible, with your knees over your ankles. Press your weight back into your heels.
- Keep your body tight & push through your heels to bring yourself back to the starting position. Do not fully extend your knees.
Specificity of exercise
You have the possibility to realize this exercise with different range of motions.
1/4 Squat or partial squat: Around 40 degrees knees angle.
Half Squat or parallel squat : Around 90 degrees knees angle.
Full Squat or deep squat: Over 100 degrees knees angle.
Be aware that you can during your exercise, at any time, modified your form and execution to minimized the work. Stay permanently connect with your body to be sure you keep a proper form from the first rep to the last rep.
Bring more resistance with
Adjustable Weighted Vest, Sand bag, Dumbbells, Barbell.
Shuffle exercise.Alternate lunges exercise.Sprint.
Be creative, this list of exercises is not limited.
Regime of contraction
- Squat Static.
- Squat Dynamic.
- Squat Explosive.Squat isokinetic.
- Squat Double contraction.
- Squat Peaking.